Thursday, October 31, 2013

"We have no intention of changing"

That is what the council said to me.  They have come back to me and told me that they ARE about to change, so we wait with baited breath to see what happens next.  What has happened thanks to all you beautiful ones out there,  is that I now have a little archive of emails containing pictures of Council lunches from all over the country.  Most of them quite fantastic.  Baskets of fruit, platters of sliced fruit, salad sandwiches, gluten free and vegetarian options.  In a word eye-opening.  If you want to share your council food photo with me (please) then the email is yogafirst@netcon.net.au.

GF CAROB BLISS BALLS.
Yesterday (my day off) I decided to make something sinful (without going out and buying ingredients).  So I gathered stuff around me that I thought would be needed, put it all together, and am now able to eat the result of this lovely experiment.  They are so easy - you won't make a mistake.

INGREDIENTS:  These are absolutely guess work, and you could use anything that approximated this.  Next time I will try to be more systematic.

Half a cup carob powder, half a cup of melted shortening (I used coconut oil and butter), qtr cup sunflower seeds, half a cup of flax/almond meal,  juice of a small lemon and its zest, half a cup of chopped dates, one squashed ripe banana (although you could add more),  half a cup dessicated coconut (plus the same amount to roll the balls in), 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
(You could add stale GFbread or stale GFcake - a little at a time).

HOW:  Mix to a stiff texture so that you can squeeze a tablespoon into a firm ball.  If this is too crumbly add a little water, or if too wet add more dry ingredients.  Roll into balls and roll into coconut.  Wet your hands if too sticky.  Place in the refrigerator after making.  These will keep for a week or so - not that mine last long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment