Saturday, October 26, 2013

GLUTEN FREE PIZZA

GF PIZZZA?
I don't have one, but I am looking for one!  Sure, I can make one at home, but where can we go to get one?  No locally I think?  I would love to hear from any one who has any knowledge of a pizza shop that makes an outstanding GF PIZZA.  Not a "sloppy-mess-pizza" or a "carboard-doesn't taste-like-anything" pizza.  What I am looking for is a fabulous, luscious, cheesy, gourmet pizza.  Any takers?  I would love to spread the joy.  The pizza shops just have to know that there are a whole lot of GF people out there.  The cost of actual pizza bases in Coles are just too much compared with ordinary pizza crusts.  You just can't compare them.  Can't be that difficult to do, they do it in the USA

EATING OUT:
I do eat out a bit locally, and to you GF's out there...  Zarbys don't do GF desserts (I take my own), but they do make a lovely chicken satay as part of their bar menue for only $10.  It is sweet, moist and comes with a little side salad.  The price is amazing.   Olive Jones  do GF desserts, and their special GF entree that I particularly love is an Avocado Spring Roll.  A crispy Asian styled spring roll absolutely chockers with avocado chives and etc.  Very tasty indeed.  This is almost a meal in itself and comes with a side salad.  If you just want a snack with your champers, these two meals are the way to go.

With regards to my own diet.  You will be pleased to know I am really settling down into a lovely routine.  Of course, things do cost a little more, but I am feeling a whole lot better.  Yesterday I made some beautiful rice flour cookies.  I did play around with the recipe, and added psyllium to the mix.  They are lovely, not super-sweet and simple.

GF RICE FLOUR COOKIES.
INGREDIENTS: (makes about 15)  half a cup (real)butter, 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, 1 egg,  juice and zest of one lemon, 1 tablespoon of LinseedFlaxAlmond meal (or just almond meal), 1 cup rice flour, 1 teaspoon almond essence, half a cup of crushed almonds (or crushed nuts), 1 tablespoon dessicated coconut, 2 tablespoons psyllium husks or powder.  If the mix is too loose add more of the flour or psyllium.  Just let it stand a little - it works better if you don't hurry.

HOW:  Mix the wet ingredients, blend in the dry ingredients to a stiff dough.  Preheat the oven to 180C.  Drop the mix onto a baking sheet and press into shape (about a 50cent piece size)  then cook for 12 to 15 minutes at 180C.  They do not behave like regular biscuits whilst cooking, but they taste wonderful.  You don't have to wait until they are cool to eat them!   You can of course add extra honey or maple syrup if you would like your mix to be sweeter.




No comments:

Post a Comment