Thursday, January 9, 2014

MAKING BREAD

I am still recovering froma couple of slices of what was purported to be gluten free 100% rye bread.  It looked good, it  tasted fantastic - but it had a terrible effect.  I have gained about 3 k from only 2 slices.  This used to happen all the time.

I could never (and still have trouble) understand why a couple of slices of bread can make the scales go berserk, my back ache, and my guts go on the blink.  I did the ony thing I can.  I made my own.  Because Wednesday was not warm, the bread took forever to rise (I rested it on a hot water bottle in the end)  The resulting bread is a bit heavy.  However, I added heaps of seeds, and it tastes fantastic - and it will not put the weight on.  I can eat away!   Toasting is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment