Monday, January 20, 2014

A NATURAL CLEAN-UP

After I wrote to you about the fabulous orange surface cleaner I made another batch for myself, this time I took a picture.  I will have to make it continuously because it smells quite gorgeous, and the colour of it sitting in the kitchen is beautiful as you can see.

HOW:  2 litres of cheap vinegar, the peel (not pith) of1 kg of valencia oranges. Put in a jar and leave for 2 weeks or more.  Bottle and leave in a cool place. Decant some into a spray bottle for immediate use.

That is a very large jar and holds about 4 litres.  I made half (2litres) and suggest that when you do it that you make about the same - certainly no less.  Once you smell it, and know how efficient it is (and it is VERY economical) you will use it all the time.

RECIPE OF THE DAY.
This is a simple GF STIR-UP.  I haven't put quantities here because you can judge for yourself,  I have used what I have made just for me.

Two handfuls of pre-cooked corn pasta, a handful of de-frosted or fresh broad beans, half a cup of chopped herbs (chocolate mint, chives, baby celery, 3 small mildish chillies,  chickory and parsley), 3 balls of baby boconcini sliced up, a sprinkle of sesame oil and a dessertspoon of coconut oil.  Put all this in your bowl and microwave it for about 1 minute, take it out, give the oils a good gentle mix-in, and then cook for another 2 minutes (check when it is done anough for you).  When you are happy with the result, sprinkle with crushed peppercorns, sprinkle liberally with dried shalotts for cruch, and then crunch away.  If you like a little tartness,  squeeze a little lemon juice on top.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment