Thursday, November 7, 2013

A SALAD WITH CRUNCH

Ok so I am nuts.  But my taste buds are learning a whole new vocabulary.  This time - a SALAD WITH CRUNCH.  Don't ask the quantities because I just threw it together,  but it is so fantastic it is all I can do to hold off eating it until after Yoga.

A chunk (about a quarter of a small one) of savoy cabbage cut up very small, a mandarin peeled and segmented, 1 dessertspoon of poppy seeds, 1 dessertspoon of sesame seeds, 2 dessertspoons of dried eschallots, a few splashes of rice vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.  Toss together and then eat it.  The tastes and textures are amazing.

Went to "Yarn Bombing" today and was telling the girls about my new diet, especially about the amount of fat I am eating (whilst losing weight).  When I said I was frying my potatoes and sausages in lard, they just fell about the place with laughter - the Australian way of dealing with distress.  Apparently they believe as I used to that this "paleo" way of eating will kill me.  It won't.  I haven't felt so alive in years.  (Read the work of Nora Gedgaudas author of "Primal Body, Primal Mind" or follow up The Weston A. Price Foundation.  You will be surprised).  Nora, advocates a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet.  Perfect for gluten intolerant folk like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment