Friday, December 27, 2013

DECK THE HALLS

What a fantastic Christmas with all the GLUTEN FREE trimmings.  I actually cooked a small Christmas Dinner for friends - kangaroo roast (of course), and a chicken cooked with lemon and coriander, baked potatoes, peas and broadbeans from the garden, and a gorgeous herb salad also from the garden tossed with sesame oil and dried shalotts.  This was followed by a gluten free lime roulade (from the Providore in New Gisborne), together with fresh picked berries.  How is that?  I am learning.

I did plan to make gluten free mince pies, but I received some from kind students, so that is yet to be tested.  On Christmas night I had dinner with Debbie, Michael and JP.   Debbie made the beetroot based christmas cake I gave the recipe for a few blogs back, except she served it hot instead of Christmas Pud.  I have to say it was totally delicious served with ice-cream and tipsy cream.

And what is even better, I have not gained one ounce even after a few days of eating and drinking. Champers of course!  I am absolutely the same size as I was before all the festivities.  Pretty terrific, and the first time that has ever happened for me - it usually takes weeks of effort to recover.  Not now I am eating for me...Gluten Free Forever!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment