Monday, September 23, 2013

I HAVE BOUGHT A STOVE....

Not just any stove - a French, tabletop glass beauty branded "Luminarc".  It is fantastic.  You may have seen them on the shopping channels.  I remember seeing a demo one night in the USA when I couldn't sleep.  I was impressed with its versatility the, and I am now I have one.  Thank you for those people who suggested I not get an ordinary floor model.  This is so much better.

On the weekend I cooked baked potatoes (you can't really do these in a microwave and get the same creamy, earthy taste), I made a quiche without pastry in a pan, I baked corn bread, and then I made some Rice Cookies.  I have had a wonderful time.

These rice Cookies cook in 10 minutes in the Luminarc.  I am not sure how long they will take in your oven.

COCONUT RICE COOKIES
This mix makes about 10 cookies, just double quantities  if you want more.

INGREDIENTS: quarter cup butter, quarter cup coconut oil, one cup of rice flour, teaspoon almond essence, half a cup  coconut (desiccated) and quinoa or nutmeal, one egg, one tablespoon of honey, add milk or water if mix is too stiff, or more rice flour to make a stiffer dough.

METHOD: Preheat oven to 170C
Soften butter and oil (I put them in the microwave)
Mix together dry ingredients, and in another bowl mix the wet ingredients.  
Then add the wet to the dry - the mixture to be a firm soft mix.
Make into balls in the hands, flatten out, and place on a greased baking tray (they don't spread).  You could put an almond on top, or decorate by pressing with the tunes of a fork.
Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.  The biscuits (cookies) should be lightly golden on top.
 

AYURVEDIC GLUTEN FREE COOKERY CLASSES?
Feel stodgy, bloated, lacking energy, overweight?  Sounds familiar?  All those who would be interested in coming here to the studio and taking part in my GF cooking (AND EATING) experiments please email me.  There would be a charge, but you would get to eat what we prepared.  Let me know.  I think it would be fun – especially now I have a new stove......

 NUT MILK BAGS have arrived, and will be available in the web shop go to www.yogabeautiful.com.au.  If you are paying more and more for nut milks why not make your own?  It is simple.  Blend your nuts with water, and strain them through the bags.  That is all there is to it.  You could add honey or vanilla (or chocolate), and save money.  Plus the resulting milk would be chemical free!

Please, your feedback is encouraged.  Let me know about your adventures in GF land.  

No comments:

Post a Comment