Tuesday, April 8, 2014

PIZZAS AHOY

MOOBEES FOR GLUTEN FREE FOOD.

How long has it been since you enjoyed a really fabulous GLUTEN FREE pizza!!!  For me it hs been a very long time.  The drought was broken on the weekend when I went to MOOBEES.  I asked what I could eat on the menu that was gluten free, and to my joy was told that there were only two things on the menu which were not gluten free - everything else I was able to choose from, including the pizzas!

So I did that.  I had a vegetarian, and my friend had a tandoori chicken.  Both were exceptional.  Mind you, it had been an age since I had been able to eat pizza, never the less, the base was thin and crispy, the toppings were plentiful (but not falling into your lap), and the taste combinations were great.  I loved it, and plan to return.

If you want to make your own, then Coles sell a very good pizza base.  In our Woodend branch you will find it in the same freezer as the ice-cream right on the corner of the aisle.  The cost?  At the moment they are on special $7.50 (I think), which is about a $2 saving.  Usually they are $10 or close to.  You can by the pizza flour and make your own.  This is also available at our Coles Store in the Gkluten Free/Health Food section.  Cellophane packed, no boxes which is good.

I am told that the Coles Gluten Free cup-cakes mix whips up the best cup-cakes you will ever taste.  I will save that for a later day.

No comments:

Post a Comment